Prince Philip ‘getting better’ after sixth night in hospital, Duke of Cambridge says

Prince Philip ‘getting better’ after sixth night in hospital, Duke of Cambridge says

The Duke of Edinburgh is “OK” after spending a sixth night in hospital, the Duke of Cambridge has said. Speaking on a visit in Norfolk, Prince William also told reporters that doctors were “keeping an eye” on his 99-year-old grandfather. Prince Philip was admitted to the King Edward VII’s hospital in London last week as a precaution. The exact reason for his admission has not been disclosed but his stay is not related to coronavirus. A Buckingham Palace source said on Friday that it was likely Prince Philip would stay…

Read More

Covid-19: UK Prime sinister plans to reopen shops and gyms in England on 12 April

Covid-19: UK Prime sinister plans to reopen shops and gyms in England on 12 April

Shops, hairdressers, gyms and outdoor hospitality will reopen on 12 April in England if strict conditions are met, under plans being set out by the PM. Up to six people from separate households could be able to meet in beer gardens from that date. The new four-step plan to ease lockdown could see all legal limits on social contact lifted by 21 June. It requires four tests on vaccines, infection rates and new coronavirus variants to be met at each stage. Prime Minister Boris Johnson told MPs the plan aimed…

Read More

Baby deaths probe at Telford Hospital Nhs Trust

Baby deaths probe at Telford Hospital Nhs Trust

Baby deaths probe at Telford hospital finds ‘immediate and essential’ action is needed to improve maternity care across whole of England – as health minister slams NHS trust’s ‘shocking failings’ A probe into the death of babies babies at Telford hospital has found ‘immediate and essential,’ action is needed to improve maternity care across the whole of England – as a health minister slammed an NHS trust’s ‘shocking failings’. The inquiry into deaths and allegations of poor care at the Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust (SaTH) was set up…

Read More

Italy World Cup hero Paolo Rossi dies aged 64

Italy World Cup hero Paolo Rossi dies aged 64

Paolo Rossi, the Italian footballer who single-handedly demolished Socrates’s Brazil in the 1982 World Cup, has died Footballer Paolo Rossi, who was Italy’s World Cup hero in 1982 has died at the age of 64. Tis death was announced by Italian TV channel RAI for whom he worked as a sport pundit in recent years. His wife, Cappelletti Federica, posted a photo of herself and her husband to her Instagram account along with the words “per sempre” – “forever”. She did not disclose the cause of his death. Rossi’s name…

Read More

Hackers steal Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine data in Europ

Hackers steal Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine data in Europ

U.S. drug maker Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech said on Wednesday that documents related to development of their COVID-19 vaccine had been “unlawfully accessed” in a cyberattack on Europe’s medicines regulator. The European Medicines Agency (EMA), which assesses medicines and vaccines for the European Union, said hours earlier it had been targeted in a cyberattack. It gave no further details. Pfizer and BioNTech said they did not believe any personal data of trial participants had been compromised and EMA “has assured us that the cyber-attack will have no impact…

Read More

UK economy officially enters recession for first time in 11 years

UK economy officially enters recession for first time in 11 years

The UK economy suffered its biggest slump on record between April and June as coronavirus lockdown measures pushed the country officially into recession. The economy shrank 20.4% compared with the first three months of the year. Household spending plunged as shops were ordered to close, while factory and construction output also fell. This pushed the UK into its first technical recession – defined as two consecutive quarters of economic decline – since 2009. Chancellor Rishi Sunak told the BBC that the government was “grappling with something that is unprecedented” and…

Read More

Sir Keir Starmer elected Labour Leader

Sir Keir Starmer elected Labour Leader

Sir Keir Starmer has been elected as the new leader of the Labour Party. The 57-year old defeated Rebecca Long-Bailey and Lisa Nandy in a ballot of party members, trade unionists and registered supporters and will succeed Jeremy Corbyn as opposition leader. The lawyer, who became an MP in 2015, won on the first round of voting, with more than 50% of the vote. Shadow Education Secretary Angela Rayner defeated four other candidates to become the party’s deputy leader. Sir Keir, the MP for Holborn and St Pancras, in London,…

Read More

NOMINATIONS / ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE EPRA- LEADERSHIP & ENTREPRENEURIAL AWARDS 2020.

NOMINATIONS / ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE EPRA- LEADERSHIP & ENTREPRENEURIAL AWARDS 2020.

Fancy TV Channel is please to announce the opening of their prestigious EPRA Leadership & Entrepreneurial Awards 2020. EPRA, Leadership and Entrepreneurial Awards evening is set out to celebrate outstanding leaders and remarkable organisations, which have shown exemplary leadership core values, norms, characteristics and continuing commitment to leadership excellence. Do you know a friends, colleague, company, charity organisation business leaders or community leaders who deserves to be celebrated? This is an excellent opportunity to be recognized their achievements over the past year. EPRA, Awards winners will be announced at the…

Read More

The Queen, 93, dons gloves at an investiture for first time ever to shake hands with medal recipients amid coronavirus crisis (but Prince Charles, William and Kate have bare hands at their engagements)

The Queen, 93, dons gloves at an investiture for first time ever to shake hands with medal recipients amid coronavirus crisis (but Prince Charles, William and Kate have bare hands at their engagements)

The Queen wore gloves at an investiture at Buckingham Palace yesterday, the first time she has done so since she began carrying out the ceremonies in 1952, amid warnings about the spread of coronavirus and the deadly danger it poses to the over-80s. The 93-year-old’s decision to cover her hands to above the wrists came as the Government warned that the death rate for people infected is ‘significantly ramped up’ among the elderly. Britain was also warned that a major outbreak is ‘highly likely’. Her Majesty wears gloves when she…

Read More

Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother ‘is rushed to hospital after suffering a stroke’, media in her native Madeira claim

Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother ‘is rushed to hospital after suffering a stroke’, media in her native Madeira claim

Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother has been rushed to hospital after suffering a stroke, reports in her native Madeira claimed today. Mother-of-four Dolores Aveiro is said to have been admitted to Dr Nelio Mendonca Hospital in her native island of Madeira just after 5am this morning. Local media say she is ‘conscious and stable.’ She is due to undergo new tests in the next few hours to determine her state of health. One local report says she has suffered an ischemic stroke, caused by a blood clot that blocks or plugs a…

Read More